WOMEN WHO INSPIRE US (Mujeres que nos inspiran el 8 de marzo)

Es una historia escrita en inglés por Carla Alcón Bravo de 4ºESO A donde nos cuenta la historia de su abuela, una mujer fuerte y valiente que ha sabido sacar adelante a varias generaciones, a pesar de las dificultades.


Filo Labrador is the person I most admire. She is my grandmother and she is a fighter.

My grandmother didn’t have an easy childhood since she lived in a poor family and was the oldest of five children; she had one brother and three sisters. When she was very young, she went to a catholic school but soon she had to drop out of school and she had to get to work to help her parents.

I think she is a fighter because she knew how to take care of her little siblings when she was supposed to. She, of course, also raised her own children and finally, she raised me too, since my parents had long working days and couldn’t look after me except at nights and on Sundays. So I got to call her mum when I was little and today I still do it sometimes. 

What susprises me most about her availability, is that she has gone through several quite dangerous surgical interventions, but in spite of all these interventions she has always had a smile on her face and has always given the best of her to her relatives, even in the worst circumstances.

She has taught me things like that nothing can stop you and that there is always a solution for everything. Even if it’s hard for us to find it, you must never give up; that’s why I admire her and she is my example to follow.



Juegos por la igualdad